To Apply for a Loan for Sundance Canyon Academy,
Please click on the Appropriate Link to Your Corresponding Credit
What We Do
SCA is a residential treatment center for boys that prepares them to be capable, caring and contributing young men in their homes and communities. We do this by providing a setting that is conducive for learning and personal growth. We focus on the emotional, intellectual, social, physical, and spiritual well-being of each student through education, treatment and experiential learning.
Counseling services are administered by licensed professionals and qualified staff. We provide therapeutic intervention in the following three forms: Group, Individual and Family. Our milieu includes the Why Try Model,a program that was originally developed as a one-on-one counseling tool. The WhyTry visual analogies provide a practical guide for discussing personal challenges and solutions to problems that youth face at home, at school, and with their peers. The program utilizes a strength based approach to counseling and is coupled with empirically sound theories and techniques.
Academics is important to many of our students. It is our mission to assist them in their educational goals by providing an accredited curriculum which enables them to continue their education and work towards successful graduation.
Life Skills are an essential part of our program. Students engage daily in a healthy routine including school, therapy, recreation and service. Students are graded daily on compliance, attitude, hygiene, interactions, group participation, school, chores, and responsibility. Students advance through our phase system to meet requirements for graduation.
Sundance Canyon Academy is:
- located just minutes from Salt Lake City, Utah
- licensed with the Utah department of Human Services
- Licensed as a Residential Treatment Center Academic & Therapeutic services for boys ages 13-17 years
- Length of stay based on Treatment Plan
- Monthly progress reports and weekly consultations
- Established parent advocacy groups and treatment teams
- Professional testing and assessments
- Family weekend workshops
- Staff secured facility
- 8-10 hours of therapeutic interventions per resident per week
- Ph.D. and Masters level therapists and teachers
- Consulting psychiatric and medical services
- Recreation therapy and high adventure opportunities
- Music therapy program
- Culinary Arts program